Montagu Square


Montagu Square

Montagu Square is in Marylebone, London. It is situated a little north of Marble Arch, between Edgware Road and Marylebone High Street. 

It was built as part of the Portman Estate between 1810 and 1815, along with Bryanston Square, a little to the west, and first leased to the builder David Porter. He named the square after his former benefactor, Mrs Elizabeth Montagu, when he was a chimney sweep.